Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Große Werke werden nicht durch Stärke sondern durch Beharrlichkeit vollbracht.
- Internal ventures face a different context than do external startups.
- Venturing inside a corporation is a 2-front war.
- Lean Startup Methods are necessary, but insufficient, to fight this war.
- An internal venture may need to pivot to gain or maintain internal support.
- Get Upstairs in the Building, to generate this support.
If you never venture outside the box, you will probably not be creative. But if you never get inside the box, you will certainly be stupid.
First and foremost, a start-up puts you on an emotional rollercoaster unlike anything you have ever experienced. You flip rapidly from day-to-day – one where you are euphorically convinced you are going to own the world, to a day in which doom seems only weeks away and you feel completely ruined, and back again. Over and over and over. And I’m talking about what happens to stable entrepreneurs. There is so much uncertainty and so much risk around practically everything you are doing. The level of stress that you’re under generally will magnify things incredible highs and unbelievable lows at whiplash speed and huge magnitude. Sound like fun?
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of Netscape
Es soll so gut aussehen, dass die Leute es am liebsten lutschen würden.